23 Nov To accomplish more, Take a Break
I know you don’t want to take a break right now.
Why? Because you’re too busy. There’s probably plenty of windows open on your browser or phone. Your to-do list is likely packed with tasks. And you feel short on time.
The Holidays are here and the weeks feel jammed. Without any downtime to refresh and recharge, we’re less efficient, make more mistakes, feel depleted and get less done in the time we have.
Evidence shows that taking regular breaks improves productivity and creativity — and that skipping breaks can lead to stress and exhaustion. Taking short breaks to recharge and refocus can make a huge difference in your mood, your productivity and your ease.
Here’s how to get the most out of a 2-3 minute break:
- Meditate – Your mind and your body could use the break.
- Stretch – here’s a good one to try
- Listen to a song. Any song you really like.
- Go for a walk around the office.
- Close your eyes and breathe: your eyes need the break and so do you.
What about you, what else can you do to stay focused and connected to yourself during the day?